- Design, construct and validate gene and plasmid constructs
- Maintain cell lines and primary cell culture; and perform cell-based assays to identify and
quantify gene expression
- Design and perform a variety of molecular biology and cell biology laboratory
experiments and data analysis
- Ability to independently troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions
related to assay design and execution
- Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties including ordering and
- Communicate results of experiments with direct report and team
- Ph.D with 1-7 years of work experience in Molecular/Cellular Biology or related.
- Proven hands-on expertise in (non-)mammalian cell culture and transfection, experience in primary cell culture and/or stable cell line generation
- Hands-on experience in gene engineering tools, including plasmid construction.
- Strong expertise in genetic manipulation using technologies such as shRNA, AAV
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology skills, including RT-PCR, DNA, RNA
isolation, western blots, immunocytochemistry, computer related quantification for ICC.
- Excellent written and oral communication and computer skills and proven ability to work in a team environment are required. Green card holders or US citizens only.
Preferred Working Style:
- Need to be very well-organized and be able to handle multitasks
- Need to be self-motivated individual, quick learner, able to ask questions and problem solving
- Need be an excellent team player with strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively with others