The successful candidate will lead matrix team execution of client-based projects within the Analytical Development group. The individual will have demonstrated expertise in the development and application of analytical methods for release and characterization of recombinant biopharmaceutical products. The candidate will have demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought. This position will contribute to the success of projects in various stages of cross-functional development and tech transfer by designing and planning all analytical aspects of the project, monitoring timeline adherence, reviewing scientific data, writing protocols and reports, representing the analytical development group in client interactions and managing project deliverables internally and externally.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for the successful candidate:
- Demonstrated ability designing, managing, and executing analytical studies to support the development and cGMP manufacturing of recombinant biopharmaceutical proteins
- Experience with the development and application of state of the art methods for release and characterization of recombinant biopharmaceutical protein-based products. The successful candidate must have extensive experience with at least two of the following: liquid chromatography (HPLC/UPLC), capillary electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, and mass spectrometry
- Ability to comfortably and effectively multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with defined milestones and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as an individual contributor, with internal customers as part of a cross-functional team, and with external clients
- Ability to apply problem solving skills independently to analytical issues, as well as within the context of cross-functional teams for larger project issues
- Written communication skills including experience writing protocols, summary reports and test methods
- Oral communication skills including experience presenting technical project status and data-driven updates to internal and/or external customersThe following knowledge, skills, and abilities are desired for the successful candidate:
- Experience working in or interfacing with a regulated GMP environment is desirable
- Experience managing scientists in a direct or matrix environment
- Experience working in a contract manufacturing or testing organization is preferred (demonstrated ability to work with clients)Experience
- The position typically requires a PhD and 2+ year experience in the biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry, MS and 6+ years’ experience in the biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry or BS and 10+ years’ experience in the biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry.