Our client is a diagnostic products and services company offering the industry’s leading biochemical profiling platform. Their patented platform provides a global, comprehensive analysis of biological samples for the discovery of biochemical biomarkers providing insight into complex biochemical processes such as drug action, microbiome action, toxicology and bioprocess optimization. Due to our growing services business, our client is seeking a Senior Research Scientist with experience in LC-MS based metabolomics and de novo structure elucidation of small molecules. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with cross-functional teams to develop and improve our LC-MS technology, particularly by expanding our understand and coverage of molecules present in specimens via de novo structure elucidation, leading research projects in support of strategic company goals from conception to product/offering launch, interacting with clients as needed in support of sales initiatives, and providing leadership and supervision to junior members of the R&D team.
- Expert LC-MS operation and troubleshooting, including new method development in both research and clinical applications
- De novo structure elucidation of compounds detected in biological samples with Mass Spectrometry
- Collaborating with Data Scientists in the development of advanced discovery and elucidation software pipelines
- Data processing, analysis, interpretation and writing of research reports and documentation
- Work with fellow scientists in all aspects of analytical platform growth and improvement of both our small molecule and lipid platforms
- In depth work in collaboration with cross-functional groups, such as data science and translational science, in designing experiments and analyzing data
- Expected to increase breadth of knowledge outside core competence and to contribute to scientific papers and posters.
- Work with commercial operations, particularly Marketing, in support of existing and new product development.
- M.S. Degree in physical science with 5-10 years of relevant post-degree experience, or Ph.D. with 3-4 years of relevant post-degree experience
- Required hands-on knowledge and experience in the development of LC-MS/MS based research methods and data analysis. Experience with ThermoFisher Scientific and SCIEX instruments a plus a preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience with LC-MS based metabolomics
- Strong ability to handle various projects simultaneously through multi-tasking and prioritization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on scientific goals and interact effectively with a diverse team of functional groups including marketing, sales, IT, and statistics, as well as clients
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com