The individual we are seeking will design and conduct experiments to develop the upstream and downstream viral vector manufacturing processes, support GMP manufacturing of virus and cell therapy products, and provide scientific input and work collaboratively with departments across the organization. Practical knowledge of cell culturing and purification processing are highly desirable. The ideal candidate would have expertise in manufacturing-scale viral production in an industry setting.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Perform tissue culture of established cell lines and primary human cells.
- Design and perform experiments supporting the development of a scalable upstream gammaretroviral manufacturing process.
- Evaluate and optimize chromatographic separations and other purification/filtration techniques.
- Carry out in-process and product characterization assays, including titer assay.
- Author technical reports and standard operating procedures to support technical transfer to GMP manufacturing.
- Collect and interpret data, prepare development reports, present results internally and at scientific conferences.
- Keep a study record by maintaining a detailed, accurate laboratory notebook.
- Perform literature searches/reviews as necessary.
- An opportunity for travel may be available in the course of this work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competences, Skills and Qualification:
- A dynamic individual who likes to contribute as part of a passionate, growing team.
- B.S. in chemical engineering or related field (with 10+ years of experience), M.S. (with 6+ years of experience) or Ph.D. (with 3+ years of experience) in an industry setting, or equivalent. Experience with upstream and downstream viral vector process development is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in chromatographic separations and other purification/filtration techniques.
- Experience performing tissue culture of established cell lines is required, experience developing cell lines is desired.
- Proficient with DOE software, Microsoft Office, and GraphPad Prism.
- Experience with virus analytical methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and work well as part of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Accurate and detail-oriented, with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, standing in a lab and working on a computer.
- Ability to safely travel to various physical locations.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org