We are seeking an experienced and driven molecular biologist to help build and advance our BOXR cell therapy portfolio. In this highly impactful role, the selected candidate will be responsible for molecular biology and protein biochemistry efforts as they apply to T cell engineering, platform technology development, and drug discovery/development programs.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and cellular engineering efforts within the research group.
- Perform design and build efforts for expression of proteins and nucleic acids in mammalian cells and for ex vivo modification of primary cells using a variety of expression modalities, including transient and stable DNA transfection, mRNA, and viral transduction.
- Work cross-functionally with Analytical Development and Translational Medicine to support assay development for Drug Product characterization and biomarker discovery
- Build infrastructure for the tracking and organization of molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and cellular engineering projects.
- Represent the Platform Technologies function on drug discovery teams as a subject-matter expert.
- Prepare study reports, present results internally at team meetings and externally with collaborators.
- Participate in the development of scientific manuscripts and abstracts, present scientific results at conferences.
- Keep a study record by maintaining a detailed, accurate laboratory notebook
- Other duties as assigned
Competences, Skills and Qualification:
- Masters degree with 6+ years, or PhD with 3+ years of industry experience, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated competence in some or all of the following areas: molecular biology, protein production, nucleic acid and protein biochemistry, mammalian cell biology, virology, genome editing technologies, library construction, selection-based technologies, structural biology.
- Knowledge in cancer biology and/or immunology is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful project leadership and scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or and patents.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, standing in a lab and working on a computer.
- Ability to safely travel to various physical locations.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times