The drug discovery group consists of an interdisciplinary team of scientists with wide ranging expertise in medicinal chemistry, structural and computational drug discovery design, cell biology, pharmacology and drug metabolism. The therapeutic areas include autoimmune diseases, leukemia and solid cancers.
- Provide knowledge and expertise in different aspects of oncology programs.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues in the biology group as well as in the medicinal chemistry group.
- Independently design, troubleshoot and execute complex oncology and immunological assays.
- Deliver high quality, precise, data driven results in a timely fashion.
- Take advantage of laboratory skills to define biological responses of lead molecules and new targets.
- Develop new experimental techniques as required.
- Keep up to date with scientific literature and knowledge of ongoing biology programs.
- Present research findings to project teams and prepare technical reports.
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences.
- PhD in oncology or related field with 2-3 years of academic postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Expertise in basic cell and molecular biology techniques such as cell culture, primary cell purification and isolation, ELISA, qPCR, and western blotting and flow cytometry.
- Background knowledge of oncology and/or immunology related intracellular signal transduction.
- Knowledge of standard 96 well, cell-based assays for small molecule drug discovery.
- Experience in working with primary mouse or human tissues in vitro.
- Ability to work independently and able to balance multiple tasks or projects.
- Diligent with generating high-quality results and focused on details and timely execution.
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.