The Genomics Platform is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging biomedical problems through the continuous development and investment in cutting edge technology and large-scale research projects that are both challenging and complex.
In support of continually changing initiatives, the Process Development Associate is committed to carrying out innovative, high-throughput lab processes and supporting the highest quality research to realize the full promise of genomic medicine. Process Development Associates are responsible for processing samples through a high throughput DNA sequencing and genotyping laboratory and to meet production goals. In addition to standard production processes, this position will require individuals to investigate alternative solutions and troubleshoot processes as needed.
The position will be part of the diagnostic COVID-19 testing team. This position is for the overnight shift and will require weekend availability. This overnight schedule consists of a 10 hour shift, utilizing a 3 days on, 3 days off rotation. Responsibilities may include data accessioning, RNA extraction and qPCR.
- BS degree in Biology or closely related discipline required. Please be prepared to provide a copy of the diploma and transcripts upon request.
- Working, solid knowledge of primary biological science principles required.
- Recent (within the last year) undergraduate or entry level laboratory experience with the use of standard lab equipment such as pipettes and centrifuges required; experience with automation preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with human samples
- Experience with RNA extraction preferred
- Experience with qPCR preferred
- Data accessioning experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability, and innovation aptitude required.
- Some experience with statistical analysis is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers, databases, and working in a Windows/Mac environment required.
- Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work as part of a team required.