We are seeking a Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our Discovery Research team utilizing in vitro cell-based assays to help build and advance our BOXR cell therapy portfolio. The successful candidate will have experience in a wide variety of in vitro cell-based assays, with particular focus on T cell functional characterization. The position represents an excellent growth and learning opportunity, working closely with experienced scientists in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Generation and analysis of in vitro data to identify optimal binders and BOXR transgenes for lead selection of BOXR T cell candidates against various solid tumor indications.
- Perform immune cell assays such as tumor cell killing, cytokine production and T cell proliferation.
- Perform cell-based functional assays to evaluate mechanism of action of therapeutic candidates in exhaustion and suppression assays.
- Prepare study reports, present results internally at team meetings
- Contribute to scientific manuscripts and abstracts, as well as slide & poster presentations for scientific conferences.
- Keep a study record by maintaining a detailed, accurate laboratory notebook.
- Other duties as assigned
Competences, Skills and Qualification:
- A dynamic individual who likes to contribute as part of a passionate, growing team.
- B.S./M.S. in a life science (with 3+ years of experience in an industry setting), or equivalent experience.
- Experience with engineered T cell therapeutics (CAR-T, TCR) preferred.
- Proficiency in tissue culture of primary cells and cell lines, cell based in vitro functional assays including cytotoxicity, proliferation, cytokine production.
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry required
- Familiarity with lentiviral or retroviral production and transduction of mammalian cells preferred.
- Experience with ELISA, MSD, westerns and cytotoxicity assays desired, experience with qPCR a plus.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new concepts, new techniques
- Proficiency using programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentations
- Accurate and detail-oriented, with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities are essential
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, standing in a lab and working on a computer.
- Ability to safely travel to various physical locations.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org