Our client is a biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development, production and distribution of plasma-derived products. They have been producing plasma products for over 40 years and has a market presence in about 100 countries. Our employees are committed to the highest standards and therapies for the patients and clinicians in hematology, immunology, neurology, and transfusion medicine.
- Oversee the reliability programs for all production equipment and production control systems in the plant.
- Drive the implementation of reliability engineering practices and programs in the plant.
- Design and implement maintenance procedures and support maintenance management systems (i.e. CMMS) to assure compliance with fundamental maintenance standards and practices.
- Support metrology program to insure reliability of critical instrumentation.
- The position will be responsible for owning preventative maintenance SOPs and updating as applicable.
- Generate concepts/ideas that revolve around equipment/fixture type solutions.
- Design equipment/fixtures with deliverables that are aligned with the requirements of the manufacturing process stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the development team on new product introductions on the design & sourcing of custom equipment. The key skill will be the specifying of equipment.
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge of our existing manufacturing processes to enable cost reduction opportunities to be identified and assessed for appropriateness. Develop, analyze and review a variety of operational reports to examine equipment usage, preventative maintenance, efficiency, quality, and other areas implements operational changes as required. This includes developing operating policies and procedures to ensure the efficient use of resources, maintain a safe environment, and produce quality products.
- Generate & manage a detailed Project Plan that ensures equipment/fixture solutions are implemented into the manufacturing area in an effective & timely fashion. Successful implementation will involve building up a strong working relationship with all of the manufacturing process stakeholders. Support capital projects (includes aiding in the, installation, commissioning, validation and other related on-boarding activities). Activities to include authoring User Requirement Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications, Design and equipment specifications.
- Ensuring all applicable equipment is placed in a compliant preventative maintenance system. Oversee the reliability programs for all production equipment and production control systems in the plant. Drive the implementation of reliability engineering practices and programs in the plant. Design and implement maintenance procedures and support maintenance management systems (i.e. CMMS) to assure compliance with fundamental maintenance standards and practices. The position will be responsible for owning preventative maintenance SOPs and updating as applicable.
- Support continuous improvement efforts, particularly related to minimizing equipment downtime.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned
BS degree in a sub-field of engineering, such as electrical or mechanical from an accredited college or university.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an equipment engineer in a pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- Proven Ability to drive results to achieve financial goals
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require
- Ability to physically perform requirements of working in a 24/7 operating facility, to include ability to work in extreme temperatures and be ambulatory in an industrial environment with catwalks and uneven surfaces