Our client is seeing a Quality Control Inspector to join their team of growing professionals and ensure incoming inspection of fabricated/machined product from suppliers is done properly using a variety of inspection gages and specifications. They are seeking someone long term. Please do not apply if you are just interested in temping or contracts. Personality is big for this team!
- Mechanical inspection of incoming product from suppliers according to documented processes. Includes physical inspection and paperwork inspection to verify conformance to requirements.
- Requires demonstrated use of mechanical inspection hand tools and Microhites, CMM, FARO a plus.
- Mechanical inspection is performed on machined parts based on drawing requirements using precision measuring tools
- Electronics inspection will include verification of components to engineering records, documentation requirements.
- Identify and document results of inspections. Clearly communicating nonconformance’s to specified requirements
- Able to access and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, purchase orders, statement of work and standards to determine quality status.
- Good organization skills and Microsoft Office software to accurately document and maintain associated paperwork and inspection results in a consistent and timely fashion
- Provide QA floor support activities including participating in cost out activities, additional data collecting and maintaining Quality data storage
- Identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities for the quality program for customers internal and external.
- Perform final inspection of completed product as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, or Two-year technical degree (ASME) or equivalent from an accredited technical institution is preferred with additional relevant experience. Machine shop experience in the quality discipline or a related field will be considered.
- Strong mechanical background, minimum 2-3 years’ experience
- Familiar with medical devices, bioprocessing equipment, military or aerospace industry
- Experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS9100 or equivalent QMS standards
- Requires demonstrated use of mechanical inspection hand tools and Microhites, CMM, FARO preferred
- Requires demonstrated use of basic Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Blueprint reading skills
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Familiarity with ASME, BPE codes.
- Team oriented with good written and verbal skills and an enjoyable personality