Position Summary/ Objectives:
The Manager, Procurement will be responsible for sourcing of materials and services essential for our operations and for defining and executing a Supply Chain Plan. This includes all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, creatively negotiate and generate contracts, create and implement supply chain strategies to maximize process efficiency and inventory management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Purchases supplies, materials, and parts for the company.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability; directs purchasing programs accordingly.
- Develops and maintains inventory databases for supplies and materials used.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company and departmental policies.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service, and logistics departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Sets authorization limits for purchasing staff.
- Purchases large and complex items.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position manages all purchasing staff and associated programs.
Education, Experience and Certification:
- Degree in Logistics, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP) preferred
- Minimum 10 years related experience of buying or purchasing in a similar capacity
- Experience with Cloudesuite Industrial ERP system and planning software preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, and written
- Sound leadership qualities and demonstrated good judgment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient to advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Microsoft Access skills a plus
- Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvement to processes
- Capable of translating complex supply chain challenges into simple communication understood by our partners
- Negotiation skills and ability dealing with ambiguous and complex environments
- Ability to prioritize and to focus on details with attention to accuracy and deadlines
- Proven experience handling sensitive and confidential information