The Genomics Platform is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging biomedical problems through the continuous development and investment in cutting edge technology and large-scale research projects that are both challenging and complex.
The position will be part of the diagnostic COVID-19 testing team. Responsibilities may include data accessioning, RNA extraction and qPCR.
In support of continually changing initiatives, the Process Development Associate I is committed to carrying out innovative, high-throughput lab processes and supporting the highest quality research to realize the full promise of genomic medicine. Process Development Associates are responsible for processing samples through a high throughput DNA sequencing and genotyping laboratory and to meet production goals. In addition to standard production processes, this position will require individuals to investigate alternative solutions and troubleshoot processes as needed.
- BS degree in Biology or closely related discipline
- Provide a copy of diploma and transcripts, and recommendation letter upon request
- Working, solid knowledge of primary biological science principles
- Proficiency with computers, databases, and working in a Windows/Mac environment
- Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability, and innovation aptitude
- Recent (within the last year) undergraduate or entry level laboratory experience with the use of standard lab equipment such as pipettes and centrifuges
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Weekend availability
- Experience with automation
- Lab experience in a research setting, aside from academic coursework
- 1+ years of experience with human samples
- Experience with RNA extraction, qPCR, RT-PCR, and nucleic acid extraction
- Data accessioning experience
- Some experience with statistical analysis
3 days on, 3 days off rotation
- 6am- 4 pm (first shift)
- 6pm- 4am (second shift)