We are seeking a high energy, detailed oriented individual to join our growing team of laboratory professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day 24/7 operations of the biorepository and sample management in accordance with approved standard operating procedures (SOPs) and all applicable regulations.
• Biological and pharmaceutical sample handling, processing, inventorying, accessioning, bar-coding and cryogenic storage while maintaining the integrity of the samples.
• Applies facility SOPs, GLP/GMP practices and pertinent regulatory compliance.
• Generate sample management, inventory and logistics reports as well as document control.
• Utilize company LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) to perform data entry, specimen tracking and client requisition(s).
• Cold Chain Custody of Logistics – manage receiving/shipping of biospecimens in accordance with relevant operating procedures and compliant with DOT/IATA regulations.
• Assist with local & long distant cold chain of custody logistics moves of ultra-low freezers and liquid nitrogen dewars.
• Perform local and out of town deliveries of biological samples and refrigeration equipment.
• Communicates and collaborate effectively with multiple team members and clients about sample management, projects and service provided.
• Support facility maintenance and upkeep.
• Assist with equipment and facility systems validations.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Must have a valid North Carolina Driver’s license without restrictions
• Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
• Must have the ability be on-call and return to the facility afterhours, weekends and holidays
• Ability to travel overnight out of town
• Preferred Box Truck driving experience
• BS/BA or equivalent, in life sciences or related discipline preferred.
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in a laboratory setting performing relevant techniques is required.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate written and verbal scientific and clinical information.
• Good organizational, communication, strong computer database and laboratory or clinical specimen management skills.
• Previous biological sample management work experience is highly desirable.