Under the direction of the Lab Manager, and with guidance from a Perfumer, assist in preparing and compounding fragrance formulae and experiments along with application samples in various mediums such as shower gels, Eau de Toilette, Lotions, and candles for onward evaluation and development for our clients.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a neat and organized manner is imperative. A flexibility to adapt to the workload as required by the supervisor to address the needs of our clients as the day develops. This position requires an eye for accuracy and a steady hand. Proficiency in math, reading, dealing with numbers and percentages all are an absolute must.
Education in a related Science/Chemistry field preferred but not an absolute requirement. Training will be given to the successful applicant. We strongly prefer candidates with either an Associate’s Degree or Laboratory Training Certificate. The education should include hands-on experience in a laboratory environment.
We prefer candidates with experience / capability on the following:
- Flashpoint Machine
- Balances for 20 gram-2 kilo compounds
- Light and heat stability ovens
(Training will be given if experience is absent on some of the above)
- Computer literate, with familiarity of word, excel
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a small and engaging team
- Sense of humor, is very helpful
- A tolerance for performing somewhat repetitive compounding tasks with aplomb.
- A keen sense of smell, is a plus, as training will be given to enhance olfactive skills.