We are seeking an Associate Scientist to join our Analytical Development team. The selected candidate will be a key contributor to the characterization of our BOXR T cell therapy products and development of in-process and release assays to support process development and manufacturing. Within Sotio, the successful candidate will work in a highly cross-functional manner, interacting with members of Research, Translational Medicine, Process Development and Manufacturing as well as with external CROs
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Develop analytical assays for use in viral vector and BOXR cellular therapy manufacturing
- Use state-of the art cellular, proteomic and molecular tools to assess key attributes of the BOXR T cell therapy product
- Support specification setting, qualification and validation of assays at external testing CROs
- Prepare protocols, study reports, present results internally at team meetings
- Contribute to scientific manuscripts and abstracts, as well as slide & poster presentations for scientific conferences.
- Keep a study record by maintaining a detailed, accurate laboratory notebook
- Other Duties as Assigned
Competences, Skills and Qualification:
- B.S./M.S. in the biological sciences with 3+ years in an industry setting, or equivalent exprience.
- Expertise in tissue culture of primary cells and cell lines, cell based in vitro functional assays including cytotoxicity, proliferation, cytokine production.
- Experience with lentiviral or retroviral production and transduction of mammalian cells a plus.
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry highly desired
- Experience with techniques in molecular biology, such as RT-PCR and/or protein analyses (ELISA, western blot) a plus
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new concepts, new techniques
- Proficiency using programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentations
- Accurate and detail-oriented, with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities are essential
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, standing in a lab and working on a computer.
- Ability to safely travel to various physical locations.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org