The role will report and provide support to the Director of Lab Services and will be responsible for day-to-day laboratory operations outlined below for both the R&D and CLIA laboratories. Most importantly, the role ensures that labs are efficient, tidy, well-stocked, and safe working environment for all Lab Team Members.
Primary Job Duties:
- Oversee facility operations and maintenance, including equipment maintenance, managing/tracking of biohazardous and chemical waste, gases, freezer monitoring and maintaining of overall lab organization.
- Maintain and facilitate the use of our in-house inventory platforms.
- Order and stock lab supplies and consumables.
- Maintain and later build relationships with outside vendors
- Maintain laboratory equipment to pristine condition and facilitate repairs when needed.
- Lead weekly Lab Operations meetings for Research Associate staff.
- Will include cross training in additional functional areas. Technical skills in microbiology/molecular biology preferred.
- Ability to train others to execute tasks to the same high standard.
- Effectively interface with EHS, Purchasing, and R&D teams as needed
- Participate in QC/QA quarterly team meetings.
Preferred Working Style:
- Must be extremely organized and be able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Must be an excellent, cross-collaborative team member
- Must strictly follow Lab Operations SOP and develop the ability to design and implement modifications to protocols and procedures that increase their overall efficiency
- Must have strong communication skills and able to ask questions and seek clarity
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated
- Must be flexible with day-to-day operational responsibilities and able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Must be highly professional and follow strict scientific and ethical standards.
- 1-3 years as a research lab associate, operations, or management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or microbiology from a four-year college or university is required.
- Hands-on experience in microbiological media preparation, maintaining microbial stocks, and excellence in lab-related techniques such as pipetting.
- Experience with proper usage and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, move furniture and large items.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint), familiarity with database systems and/or LIMS