We are looking for a motivated Scientist to join an exciting startup biotech client In Durham. The associate will assist with a broad range of start-of-the-art small molecule screening projects against RNA targets, incorporating, SPR, high-throughput screening, next-generation sequencing, and RNA-based techniques in collaboration with scientists. The ideal candidate will have laboratory experience outside of academia and be available to start immediately.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in a Chemistry, Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in an industrial or core academic lab (more or less will still be considered).
- SPR experience is required.
- Experience working in RNase free conditions.
- Experience with high-throughput small molecule screening assays is preferred.
- Experience with RNA preparation, handling, and purification is highly preferred.
- Experience with PCR is preferred.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing is a plus.