We are bringing science fiction to reality by biofabricating living tissues utilizing regenerative medicine and 3-D printing technologies. We are a startup biotech company of highly enthusiastic and dedicated people from different fields of sciences: biology, physics, engineering. We are growing and seeking to expand our team with goal-driven, team-oriented, and energetic members.
Description of the position
This is a call for a biology/biotechnology Research Associate with experience in cell culture, flow cytometry, and immunocytochemistry. Candidates with additional experience of working with biomaterials will be preferred. This person will perform daily experiments, as directed by a senior scientist/manager, with minimal supervision. He/she will enthusiastically participate in team activities as needed. This individual will compile, analyze, and report experimental data in a timely manner. The person is expected to be resourceful, have ability to troubleshoot day-to-day problems, and demonstrate professionalism and work ethics.
- Cell culture, expansion, characterization, and storage of primary human cells and cell lines
- Growing cells on various biomaterials and testing
- Analysis of cells by immunocytochemistry and other cellular staining methods
- Analysis of cells by flow cytometry and other cell function assays such as transepithelial electrical resistance and ratiometric imaging
- Preparation and presentation of work reports and participation in scholarly activities
- Maintenance of laboratory space, materials inventory, laboratory notebook, and equipment
- BS or MS in biological sciences with laboratory experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and cellular biology techniques
- Biomaterial and GLP experience is desirable.
- Operational and maintenance knowledge of common biotech laboratory equipment, such as biological safety cabinets, cell culture incubators, microscopes, rheometers etc.