Our client located in Cambridge is seeking a scientist with a proven track record of successfully operating in a demanding drug discovery environment.
The successful candidate will develop and execute mass spectrometry-based metabolomic and targeted metabolite analyses to support target identification and drug program efforts.
- Develop quantitative LC-MS methods for the targeted analysis of individual or small sets of metabolites.
- Efficiently design and perform metabolomics and targeted metabolite analyses in collaboration with project team members.
- Analyze, compile, and communicate the results of studies on a regular basis in project team meetings.
- Productively communicate the value of new methods and results within the company, interact with peers in the cellular metabolism group, and as a collaborator with both immunology and drug discovery teams.
- External communication at scientific conferences and meetings is expected.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Analytical Chemistry or a closely related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of industry experience
- Strong track record in the development of mass spectrometry-based methods for quantitating small molecules and metabolites
- Mass spec data processing, analysis, and organizational capabilities are central to the position; beyond operation of commercial mass spec software, this will include extensive use of Spotfire, as well as in-house proprietary software packages
- Biomarker discovery and DMPK experience desirable
- Experience in mass spec instrumentation as it relates to metabolomics, lipidomics, and associated data analysis is desirable
- Experience with LIMS systems is desirable
- Familiarity with stable isotope tracing is desirable
- Desirable skill-sets include familiarity with various mass spec software packages and analytic techniques with QToF, Q-Exactive, and TripleToF instrumentation