We are seeking a motivated individual to ensure that the lab space is kept in good, consistent, working order. This will be accomplished by performing routine support tasks and lab assisting duties, including but not limited to: daily shipping/receiving, consumables ordering, stocking & inventory, glass wash/autoclaving, monitoring and exchanging bottled gas on site, alarm points and assisting with general tidiness and upkeep of the facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Respond to daily requests from lab personnel
- Point person for shipping/receiving
- Consumables stocking, ordering & inventory
- Glass washing and autoclaving
- Keep areas around buildings clean and tidy (lab space, halls, loading docks, etc.)
- Maintain basic paperwork according to needs.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of work experience in a laboratory setting, preferably in life sciences
- Ability to work in a complex environment and complete tasks and paperwork with limited supervision.
- Good computer (including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), scientific, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to follow instructions given orally and in writing, and to read basic diagrams.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org