This position would work a night shift, with rotating weekends and holidays.
You would have the opportunity to provide authority, responsibility and accountability for the accurate performance of laboratory testing of a routine and advanced nature. These tests are used in the diagnosis and treatment of patients and in the evaluation of a patient’s response to treatment. You would also be able to apply competent clinical knowledge to achieve accurate clinical testing which leads to quality patient care outcomes.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree verified by NYSDOE as meeting Bachelor’s degree requirements for full licensure of a clinical laboratory technologist.
- NYSDOE Full Clinical Laboratory Technologist license upon hire required
- Medical Technologist (MT(ASCP)) certification preferred.
- Interact with all laboratory customers courteously and professionally; respond to telephone inquiries in a timely manner.
- Adhere to established laboratory and hospital policies in areas of procedures, methods, quality control, quality assurance, safety, compliance and personnel policies.
- Follow established procedures for the collection (including phlebotomy, as required) and processing of specimens for analysis including the appropriateness and stability of the sample.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analytical procedures according to established protocols with precision and accuracy in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recognize critical, abnormal and unacceptable test results and follow-up according to established protocols. Recognize factors that affect measurements and results and initiate the necessary corrective action according to established protocols. Identify problems with instrumentation, methodology, specimens, supplies, or results and take action as outlined in predetermined protocols.
- Operate and maintain equipment within the scope of training utilizing defined schedules and written instructions to perform quality control checks, preventive maintenance, and calibration. Perform minor repairs. Use reagents and supplies in a cost-effective manner; monitor and maintain an appropriate supply inventory.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles, and instruments and their interrelationships as well as physiological conditions affecting test results.
- Conduct, direct or assist with test development and methodology/equipment evaluation, selection and implementation.
- Assume responsibility for first-line supervision of the section/department on a temporary basis as delegated.
- Train and orient new employees, students and residents, as applicable and as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com