Our client is seeking a hands-on, highly motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist with extensive ADME expertise. The successful candidate will actively participate in experimental design. The ideal candidate will be independent, self-motivated, collaborative and able to multitask effectively. This position will work closely with laboratory staff to ensure that experimental and data processing aspects of in vitro DMPK and ADMET studies are performed to a high standard and within scheduled time frames.
- Minimum of BSc in life science field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working within a laboratory environment. Demonstrable experience in DMPK or ADMET area is required.
- Strong knowledge of general laboratory processes is essential and experience in cell culture techniques is desirable.
- Experience with high throughput DMPK and ADMET assays
- Previous experience of in vitro drug metabolism assays including drug-drug interaction and/or metabolic stability studies via LC-MS/MS endpoint is desirable.
Principal Accountabilities (Scientist)
- To keep up to date with scientific advances, developments and regulatory guidelines in the area of drug metabolism and translate internally into relevant developments.
- Proactively takes responsibility to improve performance and efficiency of team processes.
- To provide troubleshooting support.
- Takes responsibility to improve performance without the need for guidance and effectively communicates this to the Team Leader /team.
- Responsible for planning and conducting assays and processing/reporting data to a high quality, within specified time frames.
- Support high and low throughput DMPK and ADMET assays for commercial as well as research and development activities.
- Support and train other Scientists within the team.
- Assist with the validation and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment and functions.
- To follow safety regulations and quality control procedures.
Skills & Competencies
- Highly self-motivated and personable.
- Able to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Able to organize daily tasks, to frequently work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, performing work to an exceptionally high standard, and within company and statutory safety regulations.
- Able to use initiative to solve problems and troubleshoot with the assistance of other members of the team.
Job Type: Full-time
- DMPK or ADMET: 2-5 years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org